- Nothing should take the place of God's word. Not Worship. Not Prayers. Not a Sermon. Not Faith Filled Messages. Not Inspirational and Uplifting Music.
John 4:14 "But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life."(AMP)
- God's word stands alone. It needs no help performing what it was sent to do.
Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away (KJV). Isaiah 55:11 So will My word be which goes out of My mouth; It will not return to Me void (useless, without result), Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. (AMP)
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for the correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God's will, both publicly and privately -behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, outfitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work (AMP).
- Our worship, our prayers, our sermons, our faith-filled messages all need God's word. It is imperative that we read God's word with do diligence. II Timothy 2:15 Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed, accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth. (AMP). Joshua 1:8 This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall rad [and meditate on] it day and night, so that you may be careful to do [everything] in accordance with all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will be successful. (AMP).
- There are no substitutes to God's Word.
Hebrews 4:12-13 For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective]. It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit [the completeness of a person], and of both joints and marrow [the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart. And not a creature exists that is concealed from His sight, but all things are open and exposed, and revealed to the eyes of Him whom we have to give account. (AMP).
- Don't let distractions even the God-inspired ones keep you from reading, learning, and understanding God's word. Read and Live for in them you will find living waters of life.
2 Timothy 2:4-5 No soldier in active service gets entangled in the [ordinary business] affairs of civilian life; [he avoids them] so that he may please the one enlisted him to serve. And if anyone competes as an athlete [in competitive games], he is not crowned [with the wreath of victory] unless he competes according to the rules. (AMP) 2 Timothy 2:16-18 But avoid all irreverent babble and godless chatter [with its profane, empty words], for it will lead to further ungodliness, and their teaching will spread like gangrene. So it is with Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have deviated from the truth. They claim that the resurrection has already taken place, and they undermine the faith of some. Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God [which He has laid] stands [sure and unshaken despite attacks], bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord stand apart from wickedness and withdraw from wrongdoing."
-Don't Get it twisted dear readers it's okay to listen to Inspirational and Uplifting Music, Faith-Filled Messages, Spirit-Filled Sermons, Holy Ghost Inspired Writings, and Books, but we should not let them be substituted as a quick fix for God's Unchanging Word.